Teatro Colón first opened its doors at Cerrito 628 in 1908. The first venue, located on the site of the current Banco de la Nación Argentina (at Sarmiento 101), closed in 1888. The present house, designed in the eclectic style, was built by three different architects over a span of twenty years. One of the most renowned and acoustically sound theaters in the world, Teatro Colón was named a national historic monument in 1989. We only needed to circle the perimeter to gain a sense of the house’s grandness.